SENSORY AWARE SATURDAY
SATURDAY, MARCH 21 | 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Sensory Aware Saturday is an opportunity for families of individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities to explore the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History in a safe, understanding environment. The event is free for these individuals and their families, but registration is required.
This exclusive event will:
- Offer a comfortable, accepting atmosphere.
- Encourage parents to make connections with other families.
- Provide activities facilitated by therapists.
- Connect families with supportive resources.
- Doors will be closed to the general public.
- Light and sound levels will be reduced.
- Stars Café will be closed. Bring your own snacks if needed.
- Quiet Room will be available at all times.
- Attendance will be limited to 600 guests.
Download the social story here to prepare for your visit.
Registration is required to attend Sensory Aware Saturday. Register now.
in collaboration with
Cook Children’s Child Study Center
Hope Center for Autism
Lake Pointe Academy
Palace of A.U.T.I.S.M.
TCU Families, Austism, and Child emotion (FACES) Lab
UNT Technology and Applied Research in Autism (TARA) Lab
University of North Texas Health Science Center