FWMSH Health & Safety Guidelines (COVID-19) – 5/20/21
The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History is committed to providing exceptional experiences, which begins by ensuring the health and safety of our employees and guests. These guidelines will be updated as needed.
Employee & Guest Standards
The health and safety of our employees and guests is our number one priority.
- Masks are recommended for all non-vaccinated employees, vendors and guests while inside the building.
- Physical Distancing. Non-vaccinated employees, vendors, and guests will be encouraged to practice social distancing.
- Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee contact areas such as entrances, galleries, and restrooms.
- Museum Signage. There will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the facility. Main entrances will have signage communicating COVID-19 symptoms and asking everyone to take personal responsibility for preventing disease
Museum employees are the first line of defense for an effective health and sanitation program.
- Hand Washing. Proper and frequent handwashing with soap is vital to help combat the spread of virus. All Museum employees will wash their hands (for 20-seconds) after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, entering and leaving a building, going on break and before or after starting a
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE (i.e., face masks) will be provided to all employees who are not vaccinated.
- All employees are encouraged to get vaccinated. The Human Resources Manager can provide information on how to schedule a vaccination.
The Museum continues to follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- CDC Guidance Documents: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- CDC Self Checker: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html#self-checker