Prepare To Have A Blast
Here's What's Coming Up
Earth Optimism Drive-in Theater
OUTDOOR IN-PERSON EVENT
Friday, March 5, 7 - 8 PM
Museum's North Parking Lot
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our physical and our social environments. What can we learn from these changes, and how can we adapt? Five local teens identified a world issue and a plan to help.
Join us for a free drive-in theater showcasing the two-minute videos that our teens have created for the national Earth Optimism competition and learn ways you can build a more sustainable future.
This project is supported by the Smithsonian Institution, in collaboration with the Earth Optimism initiative.
Smithsonian American Women's History Lecture Series
Wednesdays in March
Join us as we celebrate Women’s History Month every Wednesday in March. We have partnered with Smithsonian Affiliates across the country to bring you five virtual lectures supporting the Smithsonian American Women's History Initiative. These talks are designed to create, disseminate, and amplify the historical record of the accomplishments of American women. These events are free and supported by the Smithsonian Institution.
- March 3, 6 PM— African American Women’s Activism in Historical Perspective
- March 10, 6 PM— Lena Richard and Julia Child: Two Women Who Changed Culinary History
- March 17, 4 PM— Influential Women in Aeronautics
- March 24, 6 PM— Ancient Worlds Contemporary Selves: Smithsonian Scholars Explore Intersectionality
- March 31, 4 PM— Women Artists Respond to Place