The part time security officer is scheduled between 20 and 30 hours per week. Candidate must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays and be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment. This is ideal for someone looking for a second job. Reports to the Security Manager.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities
- Monitor fire systems, respond to, investigate alarms, and implement emergency procedures, up to and including evacuation, when appropriate.
- Monitor security systems, arm/disarm systems, respond to and investigate alarms.
- Conduct scheduled and random checks of the Museum public and non-public areas, during operating and non-operating hours and ensure the safety of guests and staff.
- Conduct end-of-day safety and security checks of the Museum facilities.
- Provide first-aid in the event of injury to guests or staff and generate written reports.
- Handle lost and found items and inquiries according to Museum policy.
- Perform office related duties to include operating computer, portable radios, CCTV and related equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Security Manager and Museum Management.
Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; basic knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite of programs including Word and Excel. Experience as a security officer/guard, loss prevention specialist, police officer or military police, or equivalent combination of training and related experience. Must be able to workdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Physical demands: Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time; ability to lift/exert up to 50 lbs.
Environmental conditions: Inside, but subject to ventilation systems throughout the buildings; possible exposure to unpleasant or inclement weather conditions when conducting outside checks and/or traveling to and from parking areas.
To apply for this position, please fill out the online form here.
Iniciativa Bilingüe (español + inglés)
Vea nuestra iniciativa bilingüe aquí.
Full-Time Employee Benefits include:
- Employer partially paid medical for each full-time employee
- Employer-paid Life insurance and Long-Term disability insurance for each full-time employee
- Short-Term disability, voluntary life, and dental offered at employee expense
- Medical and dependent care savings program (Section 125)
- Generous paid time off policy
- 403b employee savings program with Museum matching after 1 year of service
The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History is a drug-free workplace; drug testing is a condition of employment. Criminal background checks are also completed before beginning employment.
Please note, all job opportunities are subject to working holidays and weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, or national origin. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
FWMSH Grievance Process
A copy of the Museum's grievance procedure is available here (PDF).