SEPTEMBER 16th | 5:30 - 7:30 PM
Sensory Saturday is a free opportunity for families of individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities to explore the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History in a safe, understanding environment. Sensory Saturday will provide guests and members with sensory needs a space to interact with other families and learn about what opportunities the community has to offer.
Sensory Saturday Goals
- Offer a comfortable, accepting atmosphere.
- Encourage parents to make connections with other families.
- Provide activities to those with sensory needs.
- Connect families with supportive resources.
- Doors will be closed to the general public.
- Light and sound levels will be reduced.
- Stars Café will be closed. Bring your own snacks if needed.
- The Calming Room will be available at all times and may only be used by one family at a time.
- Attendance will be limited to 300 guests.