FORT WORTH MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND HISTORY RULES
Welcome to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. We look forward to your visit. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all Museum Guests, please be aware of and respect the following rules.
- All persons, bags, parcels, clothing and other items may be subject to screening/security checks.
- The Museum reserves the right not to allow any bag, parcel or other item to be brought into the Museum, and to take action with any unattended object in such a way as we consider appropriate.
- Because the Museum is a family museum, we expect guests to act appropriately. Please show common courtesy to other Museum Guests and Museum Team Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running.
- Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Clothing with multiple layers is subject to search. We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. Visible tattoos that could be considered inappropriate, such as those containing objectionable language or designs are not permitted. Bathing suits are not permitted. Spurs are not permitted.
- For the comfort of all Guests, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are not allowed on the Museum campus – including courtyards. Guests may smoke outside but not within 50 feet of any entrance to the Museum, and the Museum requests smokers refrain from smoking on primary pathways to and from Museum entrances.
- Please supervise your children and children within your care at all times. Guests under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We allow trained service animals in all public areas of the Museum. For more information, please read our complete Service Animals Policy.
The following items may not be brought into the Museum or used on Museum property:
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels.
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana or any illegal substance.
- Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels.
- Weapons of any kind, objects that appear to be weapons or toy guns (also including toy blasters, water guns, etc.).
- Selfie sticks, hand-held extension poles for cameras or mobile devices.
- Large tripods.
- Glass containers.
- Pets or other animals, except approved service animals.
- Service animals must remain on a leash and under the control of the owner at all times.
- Other items that we determine may be harmful or disruptive.
The following activities are not allowed:
- The sale of goods or services or the display of goods or services for sale.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
- Unauthorized events, demonstrations or speeches, or the usage of any banner, flag or sign for commercial purposes or to incite a crowd.
- Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind for commercial purposes.
- Leased exhibition / temporary exhibition may have further restrictions on photography per contractual policies. Areas within the Museum or portions of an exhibition wherein photography may be limited or prohibited will be communicated via signage, exhibit gallery guide or Museum team member.
- Guests must have written permission to use photography and/or video of Museum images for commercial broadcasting, advertising, marketing or publishing in any medium.
- Engaging in any unsafe act or other action that may impede the operation of the Museum.
- Guests are required to comply with all local, state and federal laws as well as museum policies, rules, and instructions posted or otherwise listed or verbally communicated.
Please note, these guidelines may change without notice.