Explore the Chemistry Behind Medicine at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History’s Event
National Chemistry Week is an annual event that highlights the pivotal role chemistry plays in our everyday lives. Under the theme “Health + Medicine,” we aim to showcase the critical contributions of chemistry to the fields of medicine and healthcare. From formulating life-saving medications to developing groundbreaking vaccines and conducting essential blood tests, chemistry is the driving force behind advancements in healthcare that improve and save countless lives.
Key Event Highlights
- Discover the fascinating history of medicine and its roots in chemistry.
- Explore the essential role of chemistry in the development of pharmaceuticals and vaccines.
- Engage in hands-on experiments and interactive activities that demonstrate the healing power of chemistry.
- Learn about ancient medicinal practices and the contributions of plants, animals, and our own biological systems to modern medicine.
This National Chemistry Week event promises an educational and entertaining experience for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re a science enthusiast, a student, or a curious individual eager to learn, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Hands-on activities are presented by Texas Christian University, Texas Wesleyan University, Texas Woman’s University, University of Texas at Arlington, University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Dallas Graduate Program, Fort Worth Country Day School, Trinity Valley School, and Hebron High School.
We are proud to announce that this National Chemistry Week at the museum is sponsored by the American Chemical Society, TCU Chapter, demonstrating their commitment to promoting the understanding and appreciation of chemistry in our community.
- Date: October 19 – 21, 2023
- Time: 10 AM – 4 PM
- Location: Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Address: 1600 Gendy Street, Fort Worth TX 76107
National Chemistry Week is included with museum admission or membership. For more information about this event, visit our website at https://www.fwmuseum.org/chemistry-week-2023/.
The Museum was established in 1941, is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and is an Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institute. Anchored by its rich collections, the Museum is dedicated to lifelong learning. It engages guests through creative, vibrant programs and exhibits interpreting science and the history of Texas and the Southwest. For more information, visit www.fortworthmuseum.org.