Beginning January, Museum shifts to digital and special in-person experiences through winter
“We are focused on engaging Museum guests by moving many of our programs online and special one-of-a-kind events,” emphasized Van Romans, Museum President. “We will also use this time to design and develop new exhibits and guest experiences to delight the community after full reopening in Spring 2021.”
A complete list of new and continuing programs is available on the Museum’s website; highlighted activities are listed below.
- Museum School registration is open through January 4, 2021 for limited openings
- “Noon-Year’s Eve” virtual celebration
- Little Scholars Program continues in-person learning
- Museum School continues in-person learning
- Fort Worth Children’s Partnership begins spring semester (currently virtual)
- Ongoing learning through the spring for schools and families:
- Virtual field trips
- Virtual Science and History Nights
- Discovery Lab Online Groups (virtual)
- Discovery Kits (pickup onsite, virtual program)
- Teen Video Creation programs
- Homeschool Family Science Club continues family STEM programs onsite Wednesdays
- NEW: Everybody Grows Leadership Network Program
- NEW: Virtual Member monthly events
- NEW: Preschool Family STEAM Club: family STEM program onsite Tuesdays
- Museum School registration opens for Summer 2021 and Fall/Spring 2021-2022
- Little Scholars Program registration opens for Spring and Summer tutoring sessions
- 18 – Mars 2020 landing event onsite and Engineer’s week kit giveaway
- 22-28 Virtual Engineer’s week
- NEW: Spring Break – Little Scholars Program Spring Tutoring Session
- NEW: Virtual Smithsonian American History Lecture Series
- Current Science Studio – Media Preview onsite
“We cannot overstate our gratitude to businesses and individuals for their continued financial support to the Museum,” said Denise Wilkerson, the Museum’s Director of Development.
The Museum will continue working closely with its community educational partners during this time and will fully reopen to the public once it is safe to do so. Please see the Museum website for up-to-date information about all offerings in 2021.
The Museum was established in 1941, is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and is an Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institute. Anchored by its rich collections, the Museum is dedicated to lifelong learning. It engages guests through creative, vibrant programs and exhibits interpreting science and the history of Texas and the Southwest. For more information, visit www.fortworthmuseum.org.