Fort Worth Museum to reopen after implementing safety protocols and adapting exhibits to provide fun, safe experiences
- Thursday, August 6 – Saturday, August 8
- 10 AM – 4 PM
Starting Thursday, August 13, the Museum will be open for everyone!
- Sunday – Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday – Saturday: Open
- 10 AM – 11 AM: Members-only
- 11 AM – 4 PM: Public and Members
- Reduced Admission Cost: Age 5+: $9 | Age 0-4: Free
- Members Admission: Free
For the latest updates about Museum hours and admission, visit the Museum Website.
The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History takes as its priority the safety of
our guests and staff. The Museum will be reopening safely, with the following protocols in place:
- All Museum staff will wear facemasks while on duty.
- Guests age 5 and up will be required to wear a facemask upon entry.
- Removal of all objects that are frequently touched, including touchable exhibits and screens.
- Regular cleaning of touched surfaces, doorknobs, etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Museum.
- Timed ticketing will ensure lower occupancy and will allow social distancing within the Museum.
- Online ticketing is encouraged, which enables touchless entry for guests.
- Storage lockers will be closed.
EXCITED FOR OPENING
The Museum staff has been working to continue providing fun learning experiences digitally through its Discovery Lab Online Program. That same team has been working to create new, safe experiences in the Museum. President Van A. Romans puts it, “We are so excited to finally reopen our doors to the Fort Worth community. I can’t wait to see happy families experiencing our Museum in a way that is both safe and fun.”
Members, in particular, have been fantastic in supporting the Museum during the closure. As Denise Wilkerson, Director of Development, explains, “We want to thank our members for their patience and support during this unique time. We want to create a fun welcome-back experience for our members, with exclusive access and programs.”
The Museum was established in 1941, is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and is an Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institute. Anchored by its rich collections, the Museum is dedicated to lifelong learning. It engages guests through creative, vibrant programs and exhibits interpreting science and the history of Texas and the Southwest. For more information, visit www.fortworthmuseum.org.